Labels

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ECU RB Giavanni Ruffin Talks About Free Agency and His Future in the NFL
















               Giavanni Ruffin


Height: 6'1
Weight: 210 lbs
Position: Running Back
School: East Carolina University
Forty Time: 4.43


Giavanni Ruffin is a current un-drafted free agent who has drawn a lot of interest from NFL teams. Once the lockout is lifted, Giavanni will be a highly toted free agent. Giavanni took some time out of his busy training schedule to talk with Who's Next Football.


WNF: Were you expecting to be picked in the NFL draft? How'd you feel when you didn't get selected?

GR: I was told that I could be anywhere from the later rounds to a free agent. Everyone wants to get picked and see their name on the screen but it didn't disappoint me. It only motivates me more to make the team and prove all those teams wrong who passed on me. I've been through a lot and I've learned with hard work you can achieve anything. 23 pro bowlers were un-drafted free agents last year so, it's something to work for. 

WNF: Which NFL teams showed the most interest in you prior to the NFL Draft? Which one would you say was the most interested?

GR: Vikings, Jaguars, Colts, Redskins all expressed interest. However, I'd say the Jaguars expressed the most interest in me and told me they wanted to sign me as a free agent if they didn't draft me. Jacksonville would be a great opportunity for me.

WNF: What have you been doing to stay busing during the Lockout?

GR: I've been training like crazy and spending time with family and friends.

WNF: If I was a NFL coach, why would I want Giavanni Ruffin on my team?

GR: Im hungry and determined. When you start from the bottom you always want more. Im one of the hardest workers you'll ever meet. I hate losing and I love to win. Everyday, I take the necessary steps to become better for the team and for myself. 

33 comments:

  1. Best of Luck to Giavanni! He's awesome! Watched him at ECU! Definitely deserves a spot on somebody's roster next seson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u say ruffians bad you are rather blind, stupid or both

      Delete
  2. Mr. Ruffin is an all around great guy and an outstanding runningback that the NFL should jump on. Don Haley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giavanni is lucky if he gets picked for the practice squade. Tey ur luck in Arena League,Canadian Football,or better yet..UFL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shut up man your trying to tell a guy whos spending his life trying to accomplish goals and dreams not too

      Delete
    2. just that comment shows you are jealous of him for working so hard to get where he is now

      Delete
    3. yea what a dick, Giavanni would do well at Jacksonville he's got the right work ethic to succeed

      Delete
  4. Who ever posted that last comment is a dumb ass, G is an outstanding athlete and deserves nothing less than the NFL

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever want to feel better about yourself, just read the comment sections of any website. Good luck GR and just watched a video of him working out.

    http://vimeo.com/27933991

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played college basketball at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO. Lindenwood has had a few defensive linemen in football go pro and has won a NAIA Nat'l title. Based on what I've seen of Giavanni Ruffin I would have drafted him on talent, but more importantly on heart and soul! Watch his you tube video and you'll see an amazing display of his extreme dedication to his pursuit of making playing in the NFL a reality through hard work and perserverance. Go Giavanni Go!!! You deserve it. James Tweedie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not saying he isn't a hard worker. His video is great. But you think all of the other athletes in the NFL don't have a similar work ethic?

      Delete
    2. Yes exactly they do and that's why HE SHOULD BE IN THE LEAGUE. I mean come on you have dudes like sean greene as starting RBs give this guy a chance.

      Delete
  7. Hey your a real insiration! Thank you (: I didn't give up because of you! I wish u the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish this guy all the best. I will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great video
    how bad do you want it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowB5wNPvWQ
    or search for the 'how bad do you want it' on you tube..almost 900,000 hits so far

    ReplyDelete
  10. G should be an nfl player he is determan and that alone can get you a long way. He will be picked someday, and that day an nfl team would get a word working guy who can give it all every day like ray lewis not to compare.
    Wish him the best of luck in his soon to be nfl carrare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How bad do you want it..... Every football player should watch it. G is a role model and should definitely go to a pro team. Hard work >

    ReplyDelete
  12. I KNOW THIS GUY, AND HE IS EVERYTHING THAT YOU SEE ON HIS VIDEO. A HARD WORKER, AND WILL MAKE SOME NFL OWNER VERY PROUD OF THEIR DECISION TO SELECT HIM. GEE,GOD BLESS,AND REMEMBER THIS: "LET US NOT BE WEARY IN WELL DOING FOR IN DUE SEASON WE SHALL REAP...IF WE FAINT NOT." (GAL 6:9) KEEP YOUR HEAD TO THE GRIND STONE!!!
    VB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.
    Aleratec DVD/CD Disc Repair Plus

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm from India and I do not know much about rugby to be very honest.I was checking out youtube and I came across a video in which you were training so hard. It really inspired me G, you inspire me now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hardest worker out there, gonna make it big

    ReplyDelete
  16. This guy is a beast! He works so hard his dedication and determination will make him suceed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where is Giavanni now? Is there an update on his status somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw him drunk about 5 hrs. ago leaving Peabody's staggering towards the section of oceanfront bars affectionately known as "The Block."

    ReplyDelete
  19. im playing football again because of G

    ReplyDelete
  20. I PLAYED WITH G AT WHC IN CALIFORNIA. HARDEST WORKING PERSON I EVER MET. WHEN HE SAYS HE HATES TO LOOSE, HE REALLY HATES TO LOOSE. HE ALL AROUND GREAT RB

    ReplyDelete
  21. he dosent drink bro, right now your probaly sleeping, hes definetly working!

    ReplyDelete
  22. GIAVANNI RUFFIN I LOVE YOU MAN AND YOU DESERVE EVERY GOOD THING THAT COMES YOUR WAY MUCH LOVE FROM A GUY U INSPIRED TOO WORK HARD N CHASE DREAMS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Im not a football player im a cross country and track runner but im a huge fan of football and Giavanni. His videos and work etheic inspired me too wrok harder and now im one of the best runnering in the country and am going to a d1 college. Good Luck Giavanni your deserve a chance

    ReplyDelete