Labels

Monday, February 27, 2012

Cal WR Marvin Jones' thoughts on his NFL Combine Performance

Marvin Jones at the NFL Combine






6'1
199 lbs
4.46 forty
22 bench reps of 225
33' vertical
9'4 broad jump
6.81 cone drill



Marvin's thoughts on the NFL Combine and on his performance:

" It was definitely a fun, interesting process. It was long hours, not much sleep , everybody wants to see you perform and everyone wants to talk to you. Overall, it was a great experience. I got to meet many different players and coaches which was really cool.

On my performance, I think I did well. I am a little disappointed with my 40. I was shooting for in the low 4.4s. Other than that, the drills were second nature to me. The gauntlet was great and really competitive. All of the drills were like that and I think I did an overall good job and showed the coaches what I can do.

I talked to almost all the NFL teams. I can’t really say which ones showed the most interest. What I noticed was the combine was much more formal than the Senior Bowl. Instead of meeting NFL team scouts, etc. I was meeting GMs, head coaches, and wide receiver coaches of NFL teams. It was a great experience and I am fortunate to be able to show the coaches who I really am."

No comments:

Post a Comment